Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
ArcGIS - Login to ArcGIS on UCF Apps FAQs
ArcGIS is a geographic information system (GIS) for working with maps and geographic information. It is used for creating and using maps, compiling geographic data, analyzing mapped information, sharing and discovering geographic information, using maps and geographic information in a range of applications, and managing geographic information in a database
- ArcGIS Desktop Basic, Standard & Advanced, ArcGIS 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Data Reviewer, ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports, Charting & Bathymetry, ArcGIS Schematics, Data Interoperability, ESRI Business Analyst standard for desktop, ESRI Defense Mapping, ESRI Production Mapping, Esri Roads and Highways, Geostatistical Analyst, Network Analyst, Publisher, Spatial Analyst, Tracking Analyst, Workflow Manager, ArcGIS 3D Analyst for Server, ArcGIS Data Reviewer Server Extension, ArcGIS for Server Advanced Enterprise, ArcGIS for Server Advanced Workgroup, ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server, ArcGIS Network Analyst for Server, ArcGIS Server Image Extension
Data Collection Tools
REDCap - Request REDCap Account
REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Using REDCap's stream-lined process for rapidly developing projects, you may create and design projects using 1) the online method from your web browser using the Online Designer; and/or 2) the offline method by constructing a 'data dictionary' template file in Microsoft Excel, which can be later uploaded into REDCap. Both surveys and databases (or a mixture of the two) can be built using these methods. REDCap provides automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools, and advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
Qualtrics Online Survey is a subscription software for collecting and analyzing data for market research, customer satisfaction and loyalty, product and concept testing, employee evaluations and website feedback.
Research IT recommends accessing Qualtrics using the latest version of Google Chrome browser for an optimal experience. View list of all compatible browsers here.
Data Analysis Tools
IBM SPSS - Login to SPSS on UCF Apps
SPSS Statistics is a software package used for interactive, or batched, statistical analysis. SPSS is a widely used program for statistical analysis in social science. It is also used by market researchers, health researchers, survey companies, government, education researchers, marketing organizations, data miners, and others.
SAS - Login to SAS on UCF AppsSAS (previously "Statistical Analysis System") is a software suite developed for advanced analytics, multivariate analyses, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics.
- Base SAS® (with SAS SECURE), SAS/ACCESS® (interfaces as available by host), SAS/AF®, SAS/ASSIST®, SAS® Bridge for Esri, SAS/CONNECT®, SAS/EIS®, SAS® Enterprise Guide®, SAS/ETS®, SAS/FSP®, SAS/GRAPH®, SAS/IML®, SAS® Integration Technologies, SAS/OR®, SAS/QC®, SAS/SHARE®, SAS/STAT®, SAS® Studio, SAS Metadata Server, SAS® Management Console, SAS® Enterprise Guide®, SAS® Bridge for Esri client, SAS® Bridge for EsrI
JMP - Login to JMP on UCF AppsJMP (pronounced "jump") is a suite of computer programs for statistical analysis. JMP is used in applications such as Six Sigma, quality control, and engineering, design of experiments, as well as for research in science, engineering, and social sciences. The software is focused on exploratory visual analytics, where users investigate and explore data. These explorations can also be verified by hypothesis testing, data mining, or other analytic methods.
- JMP and JMP Pro for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems and unlimited access to available JMP e-learning courses
Steps to access UCF Apps
ArcGIS, SPSS, SAS, and JMP tools can be accessed through UCF Apps. Following are steps to access these tools:
- Step 1: Visit UCF Apps.
- Step 2: Enter your NID and NID password.
- Step 3: Install the Citrix Receiver client when prompted.
- Step 4: After the installation of Citrix Receiver, add the softwares you want from the list.
- Step 5: You can now start using your softwares by clicking on the icons in the web page. It will automatically open the related software in the Cirtix Receiver.
- Step 6: For technical support please create ticket with UCF IT